Dementia Care Practice Level 3 Overview
The Level 3 Dementia Care Practice Course can be challenging and requires a high level of skills and knowledge to cope with all the problems the Dementia sufferer may face. This course is designed to provide you with the level of knowledge and understanding required to ensure you are able to deliver the highest possible standards of care.
When a person with Dementia finds that their mental abilities are declining, they often feel vulnerable and in need of reassurance, care and support. Carers need to do everything they can to help the person with Dementia to retain their sense of identity and feelings of self-worth.
Dementia: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Define Dementia, explain the causes and how it affects the brain
- Identify the symptoms of and diagnosis for Dementia
Dementia: Treatment and Legal Issues
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with Dementia
- Define the law in relation to Dementia sufferers and explain the principles of recording, data protection and confidentiality
Care Planning for and Problems of the Dementia Sufferer
- Identify the key features of PCCP and be able to construct a person-centred care plan
- Explain the main problems faced by people with dementia
Caring for Dementia Sufferers
- Identify key aspects of the physical care and support required by Dementia sufferers
- Identify key aspects of the psychological and emotional care and support required by Dementia sufferers
- 90 Minutes
Why the Dementia Care Practice Level 3 course?
Atom Training e-learning makes the most complex of subjects easier to digest through media as well as content-rich exercises that motivate and engage. What makes us different is that our e-learning courses uses:
- Interactive exercises/gaming
- Media-rich content
- Interactive scenarios
- Content provided by market leading experts
- Relevant photography and illustrations
- Multi-generational content and style
- And much more?
Does the online course expire?
Although our online courses have no expiry date. After the online course has been provided to the candidate they will have 12 months to complete the course. After that they will receive their certificate!