This Positive Dementia Awareness Care Course is ideal for Individuals who are either currently working or plan to work as employees or volunteers in care of the elderly environments. It is particularly focused to address the needs of people engaged in the nursing of the elderly, those working in a residential care environment or domiciliary staff. It can also be beneficial for People working in the care sector who wish to develop their skills in the workplace and for career progression. This course also explains facts about dementia and shows students how they can combine key ingredients of people-centered care in order to improve the daily life of those with dementia. To provide excellent quality care, care-staff will learn to recognize people with dementia as whole individuals, and understand all the needs that sufferers with varying conditions have.
- Improve the understanding of the different types of dementia, the early symptoms and current treatments available. This knowledge is linked with person centered care and the ability to improve the lives of people with dementia.
- Develop an awareness of the range of activities which would create a meaningful and positive day for the patient.
- A clear vision of their roles in caring for people with dementia.
Why choose an online course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet